In this sencha gift set you'll find seven senchas from across the country, showcasing the variety that Japan’s most popular style of tea has to offer. From more traditional styles to organic cultivation and experimental cultivars, this sample set contains eight unique teas that can be compared to see what effects terroir, shading, cultivar, elevation, and picking have on taste and aroma.
These seven 10g bags come in a wooden box for a classy presentation. This is the perfect gift for anyone who loves sencha.
To experience the many styles of sencha, and how each variable affects flavour, the seven senchas included in this sample set each have a different taste profile:
- Asanagi - Wazuka Okumidori Sencha: round and smooth
- Matsuba - Honyama Yabukita Sencha: crisp and refreshing
- Senryu Fukamushi Sencha: full-bodied and vibrant
- Honyama Koushun Sencha: floral and airy
- Honyama Ao-Sora Sencha: soft and creamy
- Handpicked Honyama Yabukita Sencha: complex and powerful
- Organic Tatsuyama Yabukita Sencha: crisp and refreshing